Even when not hunting, spotting a wild animal is an incredible experience. And the chances of doing it increase when you have a good pair of binoculars on your side and get a good look at the game long before it can slip out of range.
Of course, every hunter is different; thus, before trying to pick the suitable model of binoculars for yourself, consider your hunting needs and goals to find the binoculars that fit your hunting style.
If you’re a bowhunter, compact and lightweight binoculars are probably what you’ll be looking for, as a heavy device can get in the way and ruin your perfect shot. If that’s the case, look at Yukon Sideview binoculars, perhaps the most compact binoculars on the market, weighing only 190 grams.
When it comes to elk hunting, binoculars can be a valuable tool for spotting, tracking, and observing animals from a distance. There are some key factors to consider when choosing the best elk-hunting binoculars:
- Magnification. Binoculars with a magnification power of 8x or 10x are ideal for elk hunting, as they help you to see animals at a distance. It’s important to note that the higher magnification power will result in a narrower field of view.
- Your hunting style and terrain. If you’re looking for elk in the West, the best elk-hunting binoculars will be those of a higher magnification power. Yukon Sideview 10×21 is an excellent choice when hunting in such wide, open spaces. And if you’re looking for binoculars for hunting elk in heavily-wooded sections back East, consider Sideview 8×21 with a slightly lower magnification power. At 8x magnification, you shouldn’t have trouble seeing targets like deer or elk. These binoculars are also beneficial when calling in elk or while in the timber.
- Wide field of view. A wide field of view makes it easier to spot and track moving animals. Choosing 8–10x magnification power helps to maintain a wide field of view.
- Size and weight. When choosing binoculars for hunting elk, keep in mind their compatibility and weight. Elk hunting can be physically demanding. Thus, compact and lightweight binoculars to carry all day would be a huge plus. Due to minimal dimensions, the Sideview are perfect for constant long-term use. Consider them when looking for the best binoculars for elk hunting.
- Handy design. Elk hunting often happens in rugged terrain, so it’s essential to choose binoculars for elk hunting that feel comfortable. That’s when the soft touch coating of Yukon Sideview binoculars comes in handy, allowing a firm grip.
Yukon Sideview binoculars fulfill the features mentioned above, so make sure to check them out when searching for the best binoculars for elk hunting. Keep in mind that the best elk-hunting binoculars are the ones that fit your personal preferences and budget. It’s also a good idea to check and try out binoculars in real life – you can do it by visiting our local distributors nearby. So let’s meet to find the best option that aligns with your preferences.